In this dialog you can randomly select subobjects.
- "Select in" : This determines the starting conditions of your random selection. You can choose, if the random selection shall occur in all, only the currently selected or the currently not selected subobjects.
- Direct selection/percent selected : Here you can enter the percentage of randomly selected subobjects when you press "OK".
- Random sequence/divide n times : Here you can enter the divisions of a random selection sequence.
A sequence works in this way:
For example, you have a mesh you want to randomly assign 4 material id's to
due to diversification.
sequence always continues until all subobjects were evenly selected.
- You set the UVFaces or UVPoly subobject mode.
- You enter "4" in the random sequence spinner and press "Start sequence".
- 25 percent of the subobjects are selected. Set Material ID 1.
- You click again on "RND". This time, no dialog appears, but the next 25 percent are selected! Assign ID 2.
- Continue this, until all faces are changed.
The sequence is interrupted, if:
- You use "undo" or "redo"
- You press the "RND" button in another subobject mode than the one used when starting the sequence. In this case, a warning dialog is displayed.
- You attach items
- If you detach or delete subobjects, the sequence will continue, but the "Select in" property is not regarded, because the mesh topology is changed.
Only use "All Subobjects", if you want to detach subobjects.
- OK : sets the "direct selection" percentage of subobjects
- Start Sequence : Starts the random selection sequence
- Cancel : cancels the dialog